Freight forwarding software has been one of the key tools for people in freight forwarding, logistics, and supply chain management, and the recent technology advancement makes it much better than it first came out.
In this post, let’s go over four questions that we at GoFreight have been frequently asked.
What is freight forwarding software?
Forwarders can better manage forwarding shipments, create and distribute necessary documents, and analyze business performance.
People who need to use the software are owners, o.p. managers, customer relations manager, logistics or supply chain manager, accountant, etc.
Different software offer different modules to suit the various needs of their users and target customers.
What are modules?
Modules in this category can be interpreted as different functions or features. For example, one software can have ocean import, ocean export, air import, air export, trucking, or even warehousing modules, just to name a few, to cover different areas of operation.
Some software might even have modules covering other business functions, such as accounting and sales, for users to manage all aspects of their business on a single platform.
What are the benefits of using freight forwarding software?
Freight forwarders or NVOCCs can truly benefit from choosing the right software as it can eliminate human errors, increase efficiency, optimize the organization of information, and improve customer experience.
- Eliminate human errors Software is often programmed to verify the formats and content of information filled in different shipping documents to ensure that nothing goes wrong.
- Increase efficiency Some software is programmed to connect different internal modules or even with external database for users to export and import information within seconds, thereby removing unnecessary double entries of information.
- Optimize the organization and storage of information Forwarders no longer have to print out piles of documents and arrange them based on different categories. All information can be stored in the software and it will automatically organize it for users.
- Improve customer experience Software vendors often develop features allowing freight forwarders to interact and communicate with customers faster, provide better shipment visibility, and offer more accurate information about their shipments. Customers can now have a complete overview of their shipments on a single source.
What are the trends of freight forwarding software?
Development in internet technology has enabled solution providers to constantly release new features to offer more value to their users. Several trends will soon become industrial standards:
- Web-based Web-based software does not require any installation on users’ computers. In other words, users only need to open a web browser and enter the URL to access the most updated and advanced software with any device.
- Cloud Data Storage Cloud storage eliminates the need to set up expensive servers for data storage. Furthermore, data stored in the cloud is often encrypted and considered better cybersecurity than traditional data storage.
- Track and trace/Freight Visibility Having access to real-time information allows different parties, such as carriers, consignees, and forwarders, to know the conditions of the shipments and react to any unexpected situations in advance.
If you have more questions regarding freight forwarding software, don’t hesitate to contact us. We will be more than happy to answer your questions.